Sunday, August 24, 2014

Married Life - Date Night

Yesterday Matt and I had a great day! First we had a BBQ with our ADPi family and then we got our first REAL date night and our first real babysitter (outside of family)! It was a very good day!

Matt and I decided to go to the Willow Glen Wine Walk - it's something we would have totally done prior to baby. Anything wine related as right up our alley. The first place we wanted to eat after I was no longer pregnant/could have a glass of wine was Enoteca, which is our favorite little spot in Los Gatos, CA. Great wine, great cheese, great food all around. They have a fabulous patio and before pregnancy Matt and I would enjoy it almost every Friday :)

Anyways back to the wine walk - different stores in Willow Glen each had a winery with a table serving small tastings. We tried probably 8 or 9 different wineries. Nothing super stood out to us but it was just fun to walk and chat sans the little one. Ryley definitely came up in conversation but we spent lots of time talking about other things too, which I'm told is a good idea so that not everything is always focused on baby. After the wine walk we enjoyed a nice dinner at Haymarket. Sadly I was getting a bit tired, why I don't know since Ryley tends to sleep relatively well, but it was still a great night with my husband. It actually felt like a good date night from before we even had a baby. We were home by 7:30 but that wasn't all that unusual for us prior to baby, we are old ;)

One of my favorite things from the night - we found this AWESOME shark robe.
A little too big for now but soon enough :)

We also had our first non-family babysitter, one of my sorority girls I advice, Erika. Things went well. I expected Matt and me to be a bit nervous but honestly I was more nervous about Ryley crying a lot more so than Erika doing anything wrong. But I'm told she was good, so hopefully we can use Erika again. 

It was exciting to have a night out just us - we can't wait to do it again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment